1 a farm machine for separating seeds or grain from the husks and straw [syn: thrasher, threshing machine]
2 large pelagic shark of warm seas with a whiplike tail used to round up small fish on which to feed [syn: thrasher, thresher shark, fox shark, Alopius vulpinus]
- Rhymes: -ɛʃə(r)
- A modern farm machine for threshing grain, now a part of combine harvesters rather than a separate implement.
- Anything or anyone that threshes.
- Any of several large pelagic sharks of the genus Alopias, which have a very long tail.
- agriculture obsolete A now-obsolete hand tool for threshing, also called a flail.
Thresher may refer to:
- Threshing machine (or thresher), a device that first separates the head of a stalk of grain from the straw, and then further separates the kernel from the rest of the head
- Thresher shark, a type of shark with a distinctly scythe-shaped tail
- USS Thresher, the name of two United States Navy submarines
- Threshers, a UK off-licence chain
- Rice Thresher, the undergraduate student newspaper of Rice University
- Clearwater Threshers, a minor league baseball team in the Florida State League
thresher in German: Thresher